Unhealthy Comb?

Cwittofur

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Southern NH
I noticed a few of my lovely ladies had black spots on their combs I presume they're fighting or something. I then saw this one with yellow spots on hers. I was able to get some of the yellow off (It is what I presume to be leftovers from an eaten egg). I noticed this "white" stuff on the comb, is that normal? or ok?

IMG_1765.jpg

Black spots could be from mites. I would give them a good looking over.(vent and behind the saddle just above the tail feathers.) they hide some dont stay on the host they hide in the coop and wait for them to roost at night and then attack.

My chickens also have black spots on their combs. I catch them "preening" each other a lot! I suspect it's normal... as long as it's not bleeding. How old is she?

That looks like egg yolk. Is this hen eating eggs? Could be why you are no longer getting eggs. The white could be dried egg whites.

Last edited:
Please be aware that black spots could also be "Foul Pox" which is just like Chicken pox in people.

I wonder why if people get Chicken Pox , why chickens don't get People Pox?

I do know that Atheletes get Athletes feet and Astronauts get .............Mistletoe.
gig.gif

Rancher

I found remnants of another egg today so I presume egg eating
sad.png
now to stop it!

Is there a way to test for illness? The girls seem perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom