Unknown Hen Breed! Help!

agehling19

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2016
Hello, all.
My daughter wants to take chickens to fair. A year ago, we ordered off Meyers and got some nice looking chickens. However, I forgot what types of chickens we got! This pullet is broody, which is why she looks the way she does, but her pattern is very pretty. Does anyone know what type of chicken she could be??? IMG_8033.JPG IMG_8047.JPG IMG_8041.JPG
IMG_8048.JPG
IMG_8049.JPG IMG_8050.JPG IMG_8055.JPG IMG_8057.JPG
IMG_8060.JPG
IMG_8054.JPG

Looks like an Easter Egger to me....pea comb with what I think are willow legs (hard to see color).
Non-bearded which so many of the EE's are now as the hatcheries are breeding EE to EE. The Ameraucana beards fall away pretty quickly in subsequent generations of the mixings, and it is much cheaper to breed EE to EE than keep the more expensive Ameraucana parents around.

And yes, Ameraucanas have muff/beards, pea combs, and slate grey legs, and come in 8 standard colors, of which your bird is not (it is a mix color).

Pretty girl. Hopefully she'll stop brooding by the time you want to take her to fair. Be forewarned, they often molt after a brood. Sigh (just when you want a good hair day).

LofMc

Looks like my EE...who goes broody all the time!!! Does she lay blue/green eggs?

I let mine hatch some eggs. Had eight hatch. She was a good mom. Ditched her chicks at 1 month though.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.JPG
    IMG_1161.JPG
    984.7 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom