Unofficial Poll- What comes first, the chicken, or the egg?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

• The chicken!

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • The egg!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other explanation

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I have no idea!

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The rooster?

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
After reading all these posts this is how I picture you in my brain...:gigYou seem to know a little
bit about everything!:D

Smart People Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Haha! I deeply value others expertise and educating myself as much as I can. I learn from people who are smarter than me and have spent more time on it.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

I wish I could dive PHD level deep on as many subjects as there are in the world. Since I can't, I rely on other people with PHDs to teach me, and I try to develop enough understanding of a subject to sus out and understand the information presented by people with far more experience.

I have a wide range of skills and knowledge and know when to say it's past my understanding. Jack of all trades, master of none but better than a master of one. :p

Just don't ask me to solve anything past algebra, or like ask me to explain things about physics. That stuff is beyond me. I have a partner with a degrees in engineering, thermodynamics and math for that.
(Like I said, I don't understand friction very well. :lau )

Mimir died. Duuuuuh.

For reference, Mimir is sort of a metaphysical representation of matter in norse faith.

In the beginning there was nothing but colliding chaotic forces, fire and ice, endlessly pressing against one another, and from that void came Mimir. Later Mimir spawns the gods and giants, who slay him causing a great explosion and rush of blood that kills almost all of his children. They then take pieces of his body and use them to create all the realms in the universe (including earth) and command flaming balls of rock (which were also pieces of his body) to calm and march orderly across the sky.

Since the earth is literally a body, it spawned maggots that became animals and later, humans. In Norse faith, things that are human-like but "live in the rocks and earth" come before actual humans, who are later granted understanding and speech. Which lines up nicely with evolution. Highly compatible TBH.

Therefore, maggots came first. XD
Lol. Okay, this is highly amusing but I have to toss this back at you: where are the scientific studies for all this? C'mon, you can't say maggots came "first" if there was already a god and giants who died, giving rise to the maggots that followed. Once again, believing in all this is a faith system, a religion if you will, and hardly science. But like I said, certainly amusing. And, um, where is the chicken in all this? (Scratches head.) šŸ¤£ (Had to get vehicle from shop today, still have not had time to run down my radiohalo references, hoping to do that tomorrow!)

Lol. Okay, this is highly amusing but I have to toss this back at you: where are the scientific studies for all this? C'mon, you can't say maggots came "first" if there was already a god and giants who died, giving rise to the maggots that followed. Once again, believing in all this is a faith system, a religion if you will, and hardly science. But like I said, certainly amusing. And, um, where is the chicken in all this? (Scratches head.) šŸ¤£ (Had to get vehicle from shop today, still have not had time to run down my radiohalo references, hoping to do that tomorrow!)
I find it highly amusing that you are mocking another persons religon. Where are the scientific studies for YOUR reasonings? Clearly if it was so scientifically accurate you would be able to easily pull up a couple articles and resources when you have enough time to write posts like this and mock other people.
Chickens weren't even the topic of the post, it was how maggots came first, so I dont see how your question has relevance.
I find it funny you mock other religons and then get offended when others disagree with yours.

I find it highly amusing that you are mocking another persons religon. Where are the scientific studies for YOUR reasonings? Clearly if it was so scientifically accurate you would be able to easily pull up a couple articles and resources when you have enough time to write posts like this and mock other people.
Chickens weren't even the topic of the post, it was how maggots came first, so I dont see how your question has relevance.
I find it funny you mock other religons and then get offended when others disagree with yours.
I'm sorry, I was not mocking you or anyone's religion. As far as I could tell, this whole thread has been light-hearted and playful, and it has been my intention to keep my responses in the same vein. I have not attempted to stir up strife or be contentious, only to respond to the questions that were asked. I can usually only come here late at night while my DH snores beside me, as I often can't sleep. This is not a time I can do the research I need to do to find the article I referenced earlier, but I have tried to let y'all know that I will do so as soon as I can. Nor do I get "offended" when anyone mocks my beliefs. Mock away, I'm used to it! I don't think anyone does it to be mean-spirited. We're all just here to have a bit of fun and to get to know one another, are we not?

;) Funny you should ask that!

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/10/981001080637.htm
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52019468
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/world/animal-ancestor-ikaria-scn/index.html

The chicken is somewhere in between maggot and human in norse mythology. They're in there, just kind of glossed over as part of animals.

I mean, gods and giants and such are not physical "beings" as we perceive them any more than you can point to a physical christian god. :p They're much more representative of natural and social forces in our universe. But the first physical beings that could see and feel and experience were worms.

It's worth noting that despite being huge and being all of the matter that makes up the universe, Mimir is NOT a Giant. The Giants are a specific thing and not really made of matter.

Im sure you can article you this question lol .
How does nothing explode and make everything ? Where'd the nothingness come from? What made it explode ?
Your saying that you believe in evolution if your taking it seriously.

These are just some questions, nothing is ment to be hurtful or rude in any way :)

(@ChocolateMouse im talking to you btw lol )

Im sure you can article you this question lol .
How does nothing explode and make everything ? Where'd the nothingness come from? What made it explode ?
Your saying that you believe in evolution if your taking it seriously.

These are just some questions, nothing is ment to be hurtful or rude in any way :)

(@ChocolateMouse im talking to you btw lol )

Your grammar's making it a little hard to understand what you're talking about. But.

A) Nobody said 'nothing' exploded. Every scientist agrees the the big bang was full of matter, it was just so densely packed that it was very small. Then it exploded and scattered. Like a water balloon that got too full.

B) Where did God come from? What made him? What gave him his powers? If something is as complicated as a god, it must have been made by something, right? It can't just come about on its own, that would be unbelievable. So what made it?
"It just exists" is good enough for every religion on earth including Christianity when it comes to the presence of all powerful beings, but not the existence of a universe? Why not? Why can't it just.... Be? Why can gods just exist for no reason, but the universe can't?

"We don't know yet" is the answer science gives you when you ask where the universe came from. It's very honest. We don't know where the universe came from factually. We just think the first calculable effect was the big bang and we have some evidence for it.

And no, I do not "believe in" evolution. Like I said before. That's like "believing in" thermodynamics. I understand evolution though.

Your grammar's making it a little hard to understand what you're talking about. But.

A) Nobody said 'nothing' exploded. Every scientist agrees the the big bang was full of matter, it was just so densely packed that it was very small. Then it exploded and scattered. Like a water balloon that got too full.

B) Where did God come from? What made him? What gave him his powers? "It just exists" is good enough for every religion on earth including Christianity when it comes to the presence of all powerful beings, but not the universe? Why not? Why can't it just.... Be?
If something is as complicated as a god, it must have been made by something, right? It can't just come about on its own, that would be unbelievable. So what made it?

"We don't know yet" is the answer science gives you when you ask where the universe came from. It's very honest. We don't know where the universe came from factually. We just think the first calculable effect was the big bang and we have some evidence for it.

And no, I do not "believe in" evolution. Like I said before. That's like "believing in" thermodynamics. I understand evolution though.
So Sorry, im a little tired.

Yes I believe in god. But, that's not what I was asking about. I think that to believe in god you have to have faith in what he says, I have and still do have trouble with that same question, but I've came to the conclusion that I just need to have faith and I'll find out when I'm in heaven. Just like how you believe all of what your saying ( which I'm not trying to be mean about, and sorry if it looks that way)

Where did the "matter" that made the explosion come from, from the scientific point of view ?

So Sorry, im a little tired.

Yes I believe in god. But, that's not what I was asking about. I think that to believe in god you have to have faith in what he says, I have and still do have trouble with that same question, but I've came to the conclusion that I just need to have faith and I'll find out when I'm in heaven. Just like how you believe all of what your saying ( which I'm not trying to be mean about, and sorry if it looks that way)

Where did the "matter" that made the explosion come from, from the scientific point of view ?

Let me ask you something - do you believe in trash cans?

I told you that from a scientific point of view we don't know yet. Science openly says there are things we don't fully understand yet and that's one of those things. They have a lot of potential theories but nothing concrete. They also openly acknowledge that there's a chance we will never know the answer to "what came before the big bang". But there's also there's a chance that we will. Maybe someday a thousand years from now we will create a computer so powerful that it can calculate the exact position of every molecule in the entire universe and their trajectories and then reverse engineer their previous positions through all of time. Maybe we will discover that universes have their own, greater cycles of colliding and dividing like cells or planets and once out universe was made up of pieces of other universes that once were. Maybe we discover that there is a god - or several. Maybe we discover that secretly all the matter was pooped out by a giant horse. But there's a chance to find out.

But learning to say "we don't know" about things beyond us that's just human condition. It's something we have to come to terms with. Just like I will probably not in my lifetime understand advanced quantum mechanics no matter how hard I work at it. And just like how you have no idea where your God came from. The difference is... With gods and faith we're just guessing. With science, we KNOW.

Even if it turns out there's gods that made everything (of course what made the gods is still up in the air) it means it was designed in such a specific way as to show us these patterns on purpose. There's a meaning the the sequences. And if we repeat them we can find that meaning too.
It's like not knowing how an elevator works, but knowing for a fact that when you press the higher numbered buttons it goes up, and the lower buttons goes down. Even if someone builds an elevator and puts buttons in, they still DO what they DO and we KNOW that they do what they do, even if we don't know why. You don't have to believe in it - it just is how it is regardless of what you think of it.

https://www.livescience.com/65254-what-happened-before-big-big.html
https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/what-came-before-the-big-bang\
https://www.space.com/what-came-before-big-bang.html

Back
Top Bottom