unpopular chicken opinions??

Pics
i gotta say if you’re looking for a round bird just go for an austrolorp, they’ve got a ton of personality

I love my Ausies. They're all black, and I NEED some blue ones. I hope (only) one of them goes broody this spring, to raise some Blue chicks for me.

I am enjoying the pics of the feather legged chickens, y'all. Some of them look like old fashioned cowboys with their big wide chaps. :)

I'm sorry if I upset people with my opinion on NNs. They may grow on me a bit. I have heard that they're great birds. One question... does the lack of neck feathers serve a purpose for the bird? I would think they'd get cold...?

I love my Ausies. They're all black, and I NEED some blue ones. I hope (only) one of them goes broody this spring, to raise some Blue chicks for me.

I am enjoying the pics of the feather legged chickens, y'all. Some of them look like old fashioned cowboys with their big wide chaps. :)

I'm sorry if I upset people with my opinion on NNs. They may grow on me a bit. I have heard that they're great birds. One question... does the lack of neck feathers serve a purpose for the bird? I would think they'd get cold...?
It's so they're easier to pluck and can tolerate rather high temp. Mine do fine in the winter apart from frostbite, but all my birds get frostbite in the winter so I count that as normal

Back
Top Bottom