unpopular chicken opinions??

Pics
The longer the legs, the better the birds!
And the more advantage long legged chickens have when you chase them
Or when they chase you :gig
1612635972947.gif

Speaking of face floof...my unpopular (at shows, anyway) opinion is that people should stop using so many grooming products at shows! It's just sad to see the last-minute hairspray spritzed on right before the judge comes through, to make the "face floof" beard stand out. The poor birds spend the rest of the show blinking their eyes trying to get the overspray out.
Okay that’s just wrong. Chickens have no hair; therefore, hairspray is right out. It makes me angry. Unpopular opinion: if you put hairspray on your show birds, you are a mean person.

Okay that’s just wrong. Chickens have no hair; therefore, hairspray is right out. It makes me angry. Unpopular opinion: if you put hairspray on your show birds, you are a mean person.
I beg to differ. A lot of us at 4h use hairspray on a rag to help shine feathers. Birds never seemed to mind so long as they were not sprayed in the face.

How is that mean? If done properly, hairspray doesn't bother the birds. I agree spraying them in the face isn't a good thing to do, but not everyone does that.

Back
Top Bottom