Unsure about giving worm tablets to my 2 chooks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Grant davis, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Grant davis

Grant davis Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi everyone hoping for some expert advice, I have some worming tablets the name is avitrol plus and in the directions for use it says not to be used in food producing species. Well my rir are at 5 months still no egg production and the person I brought them off said they will need worming at the start off autumn. I live in Brisbane Australia , should I use these tablets or use something else, hope someone can help me.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hi there and welcome to BYC!

I have never heard of these tablets. And unless your birds are showing signs of worms, I don't see the need to worm them. You can take a poop sample to a vet to have it analyzed to see if they do in fact have worms.

You can also chat with others in Australia in this thread. Maybe someone there can help you out with these tablets...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/598568/australia-six-states-and-that-funny-little-island

Others will be by shortly to welcome you here to BYC and maybe they have more experience with these tablets.

Great to have you aboard!

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Do they show any signs of having worms? If you don't know what type of worms they have you wouldn't know what type of wormer is required.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by