**UPDATE!!!*** 10am lecture Ky/S. In- Milton Swap C/S INFO Aug 30

I had a good time....met some people and got some information on the lucusville meet in October. I bought two auracana hens and a watermellon. I also managed to catch and return one of the 10 pigeons that excaped from a cage and flew off.

I was a little disapointed in how poorly kept some of the animals apeer to be, and the number of puppies made me sick.

Sorry I didn't make it to the talk.....I was distracted:p

We got everything ready to go last night and I woke up with a migraine this morning.
sad.png

I hope you all had a wonderful time.

It was nice to meet everyone at the swap today and we really appreciated Matt's lecture. I agree, I was disappointed in the condition of some of the animals.

I just have to say that if you were disturbed by what you saw in Milton, you should think hard about going to Lucasville. We went to the swap there in June 2007. It is several times larger than this one in Milton. The amount of poorly kept animals was much greater. Most of the puppies I saw today weren't too bad, but out in Lucasville there were some truly sad looking animals. And you name it, it was out there: dogs, cats, rodents, bunnies, cage birds of all sizes, goats, pigs, ponys, raccoons, foxes, squirrels, deer (yes, deer) as well as tons of poultry.

There were some good people and good buys out there, but just be aware before you go so that you aren't as shocked as we were. Also, it is WAAAAYYY too far to make trips back to the car, so if you have a wagon, take it. We wound up buying one because we couldn't carry the cages we bought because it was too far to take the birds back to the crates we brought with us. At Milton we looked around before we went back and bought anything. At Lucasville, you would never find it again, even if they hadn't sold it already. Just my $.02
smile.png

I had a good time for the short time I was there. I received no pages from work until I got home.
big_smile.png
Thanks for the coop Brad!! (sugarbush). You really make wonderful coops! It's already in the backyard and ready for the chickens to use. They won't know what to do will all that room!
D.gif

I've been up since 2:40am and never did get my nap in
th.gif

My husband saw some silkies there and said "WHAT are those!?" LOL!!!

I was glad too see everyone that was able to make it. I picked up some NICE birds, finally got them all settled down...MAN IT WAS HOT OUT THERE!

Sorry for the raffle...since only 3 of us brought something it was kinda silly to even try it....

BIG THANKS TO MATT JOHN...I have always wanted to have an idea of what does what, I just felt bad asking what each one of the items were, so I thought a small talk about them would help many of us. Hope you came out good on sells today Matt. Again THANKS!!!!
wink.png

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to everybody I got to meet for the first time and those that already have met me before...it was great to see you all, even though I think I spent most of my time chasing my kids around the playground area, I still got to talk to a few of you.

Being the animal control guy for Hardin Co. I was disturbed by some of the puppies up for sale there too...we try to control that here. I think some of it is unintentional and some of it is just plain neglect, trust me I am not a humaniac, but I do think if you own or control an animal you should take care of it..to include a little shade and water on a hot day...that is just common sence...sometimes i would like to chain the dog owner to stake with a fur coat on in 90 degree weather with no shade and water, come back in two hours ask him how he is feeling..

Jerry

I forgot my camera yesterday.... Did anybody take pictures while there? I was really kicking my self when the white pigeons got loos and where flying around....whold have been a good photo op.

Back
Top Bottom