UPDATE 3/24/10 mrs. red is making another nest.due to kindle 4/3-4/9.

I haven't had rabbits in like 3 years the last rabbit I had was a lop mix I got from my best friend who raised rabbits. anyway I got that rabbit when I was in first grade and he lived all the way until I was in 10th grade. I had to put him down sadly as he jumped off the dock and broke his back. YES I said dock, that rabbit loved to swim lol. Anyway when I was younger I raised dutch rabbits, and out of all the rabbits I had, I think we only had one that would raise a litter. So to me you are lucky to have a good mama that knows what to do, it makes things so much easier when the doe does it lol. I wonder how many she will have.

Quote:
i dont know.i think it would be cool to go out in the morning and find some babies.but it could be within the next couple of days couldnt it?

their isn't anything more exciting to me to go out in the morning and finding babies, be it rabbits, or chicks, but isn't it one of the best feelings.

It's been a couple of years, well okay a couple dozen years since I was taking care of Rabbits. But it does seem to me that once they start building the nest you are very close. a couple of days with maybe an extra thrown in there. I have really enjoyed your pictures, thanks. I always looked at the building of a nest a good thing. once in a while a Doe would build a nest then suddenly wreck it. that was the first sign things where not going to go well and we started looking for other mommas to adopt the babies. We had tons to choose from since we had 700 rabbits.

Quote:
i dont know.i think it would be cool to go out in the morning and find some babies.but it could be within the next couple of days couldnt it?

700?
th.gif
Well when ours started making nests it was 2 days. Not all are the same, but....I'd be checkin for babies daily
wink.png

Quote:

gee wizz 700 rabbits.ive got 6 rabbits right now.2 i havent taken pics of yet but will tomorrow if you like.1 blue netherland dwarf? and 1 dutch.

Back
Top Bottom