Update*** Are the eggs ok!!!

Ok ill try doing what u said..
i didnt mean to double post.. im soo sorry
and i just wondering about stuff since this is my first incubating... sorry
sad.png
hmm.png

Last edited:
The double post wasn't the problem. That happens all the time when computers act funny. The post before the one that double posted was only minutes before the one that got double posted though.

It's ok. I know you're excited! I would be too. It's just a teeny bit excessive. lol.

As far as the chicks go.... I think I'd be a little worried if you're on day 24 with nothing happening. I've heard of hatches takin a day or two longer than normal but 4 days? That doesn't sound good to me

Last edited:
Shauna's Silkies :

Does eggs change colour when getting ready to hatch!!!!
hi im on day 24 and nothing is happing!!!
one egg has a little kind of line bit of a bump!!! it might be just the way it came!!
but i THINK it might be getting a bit of black spots!!! kind of!!
Can anyone help!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
big_smile.png
fl.gif
barnie.gif
thumbsup.gif

If you are that far in and black spots developing, if your humidity is up, can it be mold? Just guessing because my first hatch I had pieces of shell that fell in the water wells and turned black....​

these are chicken eggs aren't they?
if they are then day 25 is quite a bit over hatch day. I would candle them to see whats happening. and if you haven't already smelt them, do that too. If it was my hatch I wouldn't be expecting anything to hatch. sorry to sound so negative but you seem so exited and I just wanted to warn you. first hatches are always hard, but keep trying, it gets easier every time
smile.png

Last edited:
Yes they are silkies.. ya they are a bit over the date!! i smelt them and they smell great. they smell normal
i am going to candle now and i will post what happens
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Just candled hear is what i got .. i have 7 eggs

1= All black- looks good
2= Clear at 1 side and on the other side look like there was something in dare -but i think dead- just a big black lump
3= All black whole way round-with clear air sack- i think it might hatch
4= Same as 1
5= Same as 1
6= It is all black- but at the very end there is 2 red ( blood colour) spots !!!
7= the exact same as three

Hope this helps!!
big_smile.png

Guinea fowl galore- i think egg no 7 and 3 might what do u think!!!
But You might be right
big_smile.png

Someone said that her eggs went on for 9 days longer!!
smile.png

Last edited:
So sorry but if its been 25 days they arent gonna hatch....21 days is normal 20-22 is okay 23 is a stretch 25 is to long you can carefully crack one in the air sack area and peel enough to put your finger in to touch the chick to see if it is alive...but if these are guineas they take about 26 days to hatch I believe

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom