Update - Caught the Coon just killed my baby under my nose.........

So sorry....
hugs.gif

You are all so sweet. I know, I never, ever should have hit it with bare hands. It was reflex. I understand they are wild creatures trying to survive, but instinct took over and it killed one of my babies.

Unfortunately it went off into the darkness and hubby couldn't get a shot at it. I have a trap set and hopefully he will come to a quick end in the morning.

Thank you all, it helps to know you are out there understanding what I'm feeling right now.

Yeah, that sucks. I had the same thing happened except the chicken vanished without a trace. Ended up finding some feathers in a nearby tree. I spent the next two nights going out every now and then to see what it was. The third night was successful. I found a raccoon in the pen poking around.

A spotlight and .22LR round to the vitals fixed the problem right up. I repaired the damage to my netting and havent had a problem since. I have loads of these buggers, but this is the only one I have 'dealt' with. The rest are good to go as long as they dont get into the run. If I catch them there, there is no mercy. Im a regular hunter and conservationist and don't like killing something just to kill it, but sooner or later you have to draw the line. Its just part of the game of chicken owning.

Rest assured, the coon WILL come back. Maybe not tonight, but soon.

Last edited:
I have never felt total hate for an animal until I began having problems with raccoons and my birds. I share your "murderous thoughts." I used to think raccoons were "so sweet and cute" and BAM! overnight my opinion changed.

You're just protective of the helpless family members you protect.

I fill your pain, except my hate thoughts are for two old dogs. They killed something i love very much. My big old silver tip Himalayan cat. I bottle fed him and he meant a lot to me. Those dogs will be back some day and I am waiting. Have mercery on them. I'am so sorry for your loss.
sad.png

Coons are like mean cats on steroids! I'm glad he didn't hurt you, and I'm sorry about your mimi, Good luck gettin him though!!!

Back
Top Bottom