update day 24-not good news

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, Mar 27, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm starting to get a little worried, nothing. I decided to candle one egg. He's moving in their, maybe they need a couple of more days???

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  2. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'm in the same boat as you, except I'll be day 20 at 7:00 tonight. I tried a stethoscope last night on them but it just didn't work.

If only I could just hear a little peep....

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    i am with you on this as well. I pipped the fat end of the egg and the baby is kicking in the membrane so hopefully he will hatch tonight or tomorrow

4. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I hope alot of your eggs hatch everyone.

5. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I candled one and he has not reached the membrane yet, but he was moving. So maybe tomorrow. I was afraid to bother the air sac I felt I was better to leave it alone.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I only did it to one to make sure they are still alive. He is kicking up a storm so I hope he is trying to make his way to the air sack. I hope you get some hatches to equine. I dont want both of us to not have anything

7. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Fingers crossed and sending all of you lots of hatching energy!! The wait is the worst!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Still nothing but I candled one of the white amercaunas and they were moving pretty good. I will just leave them alone and wait. Dh told me we are going out to dinner to get me away from the eggs.

9. kurby

kurby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    East,Texas
    Day 20 here for me and nothing! IF I could only hear a peep! urgh!
    I guess I just need to [​IMG] out a bit huh? can't wait, I hope this hatch is not a total failure.
    Karen

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Another thing your temps could have been on the low side so just have patience....day 21 is not set in stone for chicks to hatch.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by