UPDATE-DELIVERED! :) USPS lost the chickens I shipped Monday!!!!!

The last two shipments I sent have arrived late. Now, I really do not think it is fair that we pay for express shipping and they do not arrive any earlier than Priority Mail would.

I know this is about a live chicken and I'd be frantic. I know my high dollar eggs someone sent have been sitting at a post office only 40 miles away since 4pm yesterday even though another truck came this morning without them. Hard to feel sorry that USPS is going bankrupt.

Quote:
Ya, they won't refund you unless you ask
hmm.png

Sorry

Quote:
If dry ice is on the plane, they have the right to delay , Even if i'ts next day before another plane is available..I know this is for chicks..not sure about grown birds..So the guarantee is null with baby chicks

I shipped them with cucumbers. And before I put the cucumbers in I dipped them in their feed so it stuck to the wet cucumber. I'm concerned because these are youngsters. Not chick chicks per say, but still small. I'm glad I waited until a little older now that this has happened.
sad.png

I'll keep you all updated. I'll be working on alternate shipping plans for next time. Speak up if you know of other ways to ship birds!!!

I really hate it that your birds have not arrived at their destination.... Please believe me that postal employees make every effort to deliver live animals as quickly as possible. I really wish that we would quit accepting live animals for delivery (except I wouldn't have gotten my silkie roo, Pepper, without it). I have worked for the postal service for over 21 years, and I grieve every time a story like this is posted. Not pointing fingers, because there is no need, but the number one cause of mis-sorted mail is an incorrect, or illegible zip, or incorrect elements in the address field. After that, it could be anything from missing a connection, or even original flight, to label getting damaged in transit. I am subscibing to this post, so please please let me know if they arrive alive. Have you called the buyer/receiver since 3:00 today to talk to them personally? It is possible that delivery was made, and the scan was missed, or not done until when carrier arrived back at their delivery unit.

I just read your next post. Were they at least over 6 oz. each?

Last edited:
An update!

Keeping my fingers crossed they are ok in the box.

Your item was processed through our CINCINNATI, OH 45234 facility on November 17, 2011 at 1:17 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Oh yes. Somewhere in the range from 10 oz minimum to 1lb or so(didn't weigh the big ones)

Last edited:
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

So glad to hear that they are on the move! I am hopeful that Cincinnati is close to their new home. If so, tell the recipient to plan to be at the PO first thing when they open.

I will say, our local POs and staff are really wonderful. And I am thankful for the fact they will take live birds and eggs.

Last edited:
That is great that there is an update! Do the customers know where the incoming sorting center is? That is where I found my chicken yesterday. They sometimes stay there up to a day before being sent out to the local PO that is nearby the customer. I had to drive 40 mins into town to the airport, but it was worth it. I have two more chickens being shipped next week, and I'll be driving into the airport as soon as I get confirmation that they are in my state! Good luck and I will be praying you have healthy chickens come out of that box!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom