UPDATE-DELIVERED! :) USPS lost the chickens I shipped Monday!!!!!

Hennypen

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
The USPS lost a shipment of Ameraucana chicks!!! I'm livid!!! How can a big box with 9 fully feathered chicks vanish when it was sent overnight express. They were due to arrive Tuesday at 12:00 noon. They were processed through in Atlanta around 12 noon Tuesday and there is no other info after that. I have called to check status numerous times. I'm livid. If they are "lost" and not stolen, they could be dead in that box by this point. How could this happen when you have a tracking number and a guarantee that they will be delivered by a certain time the very next day.

Last edited:
I just hope they didn't die or won't die in a box.
sad.png

Most of the time even though it says they will arrive the next day, they don't. It usually takes two days for them to get there. I just shipped chicks, they were suppose to arrive yesterday and they arrived around 11 am this morning. They were almost 24 hours late.

What did the tracking info say? These are now over a day late. Taken to the post office at 8:30 am Momday,left the post office at 7:30 pm Monday, left Atlanta at 12:30pm yesterday and thats it. No more info.

I'm really distraught. I raised them like pets in the house until they leave.

Last week I shipped 4 birds out on a Monday to the same place. Wednesday one box was delievered, but the other was sent to the wrong state and didn't arrive until Thursday. They were fine.

Hope your birds arrive tomorrow.

USPS Express mail doesn't refund shipping if the birds are delievered within 3 days after shipping. Expect 2-3 day shipping when shipping lives. I guess the birds get bumped from flights if the flight contains dry ice.

Back
Top Bottom