UPDATE-DELIVERED! :) USPS lost the chickens I shipped Monday!!!!!

I hope that yours arrives soon and are perfect. Mine arrived at the noon shippment. He is alive and well.
I called over and over to talk to everyone at my local PO, as the shifts change, the next shift know nothing of my bird and I had to explain it over again.
Good Luck with your chicks

Leaving Atlanta, I don't doubt one second you have a problem. All the mail in Georgia seems to go through Atlanta. And more times than not I get mail torn to shreds, ripped open mail put into some other type envelope, or pages missing from mags. What you have is crowd that thinks the world bows at their feet and just don't care. I think the term, "going postal" got started in Atlanta from a killing at a distrubition center. It's a real mess as far as I'm concernen.

Sorry, I almost got started and that won't be good.

I work directly with USPS for a living. They're..... well.
barnie.gif
I really hope you get them asap! Did you buy insurance?

They made it there this morning. Very hungry of course but all alive and well. I'm soooo relieved!!!

Lesson learned: always ship early in the week so if anything happens, they won't get stuck on a closed weekend day. Pack plenty of fruit for longer than the scheduled one day trip. I put more cucumbers in than I originally had planned and am now VERY glad I did.

Buyer sent an email that said: OMG they're beautiful" so it sounds like they were very pleased in the end.
smile.png
I'm glad it ended well.

Quote:
I was going to bid on some birds but didn't want them shipped. The lady said she could take them to an airport and put them on delta and I could drive to the airport and pick them up. Not sure of all the details and whether or not connecting flights would factor into this or not...but the extra money could be worth it sometimes.
sharon

That's what hatcheries do... I'm guessing for good reason (lessons learned).

So glad to hear they made it and are well! I've been looking for birds in my region for exactly this reason.

Quote:

I wonder how the cost would compare. These were about 70. to ship USPS.

I will say, this is the FIRST time I've had any inkling of a problem. I want to believe this is a rare occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom