1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UPDATE*** How to build process station CHEAP (pics)

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Gazinga, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    BRILLIANT!

[​IMG]

2. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

Thx Eggs!

3. big momma

big momma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2009
    i bet you could buy another drill make another plucker and space it just enough apart to run the bird inbetween it would work also and faster

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Awesome!!!

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    This is great! I hate hand plucking and can't justify even a whizbang plucker, so this is a great idea! I'm really glad you shared it!

These rubber things...is that something you buy or something you've salvaged from luggage? Are they heavy? Do they damage the meat?

6. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

Quote:I wish i had taken a picture of one before i cut them up. They are just the 24 inch rubber straps with a hook on each end. I buy them at ace hardware for about .99 each. they can be soft rubber or stiff rubber. I prefer teh stiff rubber ones becasue they are cheaper and the stiff rubber plucks the feathers better. THey didnt damage the meat of my birds at all. They can be called luggage straps or cargo straps.

7. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    I call them bungee straps. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  8. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    This is so excellent - I have 4 roos to process Saturday. But...I don't have an electric drill, just a cordless. Why can't I use the cordless?

(Note: I am mechanically handicapped.)

9. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

you CAN use a cordless, i just find them lacking in power and speed for the plucker, but if your only doing a few it should be fine i would guess.

And ues, they are called bungee cord too, but make sure you get the rubber ones.

10. LilRalphieRoosmama

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Alrighty then! I think I'll give it a try on Saturday! Not sure how I'll keep the drill going by myself while holding a chicken but I'll give it a shot. I have a full charge on the battery and the other in the charger so we should be good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by