Update NEW PICS ON 10/11/09~COME LQQK -The baby is HERE - WOOO HOOO!!

pop.gif

To be honest, a lot of women have lower back pain for many weeks at the end of pregnancy. However, if that's not normal for you, it's coming and go and combined with cramps and your abdomen tightening, it definitely couldn't hurt to call your doctor.

I'm one that won't even call or go in until I'm in active "can't talk through the contractions" labor, though b/c I want to labor the way I want and not confined to a bed and/or stuck with iv's *shudder* and lots of "medical preventions".

You WILL know when it's the real thing, in most cases. I always (even 5 babies later! hehe) wonder if I will, but when it hits you...yeah...you'll most likely know unless you have a HUGE tolerance for pain or are blessed with a very easy labor!
wink.png

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
That's almost what happened with my first. Slight back pain all day. Water broke at 1:00 am. No "real" pain until after that. I was 8cm upon arrival. The nurses kept asking if it was really my first baby. He was born within 2 hours of getting to the hospital.
smile.png

Quote:
With 2 kids, I never had those kind of contractions. Uncomfortable and mild pain, yes. Bad pain or strong take the breath away, no.

Everyone is different and you know your body. Do what you think is best.

Quote:
That's almost what happened with my first. Slight back pain all day. Water broke at 1:00 am. No "real" pain until after that. I was 8cm upon arrival. The nurses kept asking if it was really my first baby. He was born within 2 hours of getting to the hospital.
smile.png

Oh yeah, it was fun alright. I woke up at 1am and was like 'man, I'm sore, I'll take a bath.' 3 hrs later I was on the way to the hospital and Declan was born about an hour after arriving.
lol.png
I wish my first was that easy.

Quote:
This is true.

I do hope she's not disappointed if she goes in and finds out the back ache isn't just simply that after being told it's labor, though.

(Not that most of us are doctors. Just play them on the internet.
wink.png
)

Back
Top Bottom