Update on chick, you wont believe it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Stormhorse23, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I posted about a chicken i had that was attacked and had a huge gash in her chest. Her crop was literally hanging out. me and my mom sewed her up with thread. i planned to name her fortune, but the name Big Mama kind of stuck.
    HERE IS THE LUCKY SURVIVOR......

[​IMG]
    Makes you wanna sing the anthem, dont it???

[​IMG]
    "Oh my god! its a pumpkin" haha. dont worry. i didnt know if the plant was toxic, i didnt let her touch it.

[​IMG]
    Isnt she beautiful?

Thanks for all the support. Im so happy. she is more than i ever imagined! i feel like a parent. by the way, im up to 11 chickens! 2 brahmas, 1 sebright mix, 1 barred rock, and 7 silkies. they are divided between a 100 sq and a 30 sq ft run. foot run! they are my babies.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    She is gorgeous and lucky to have YOU for an owner! Congrats to you and your mother for a fantastic job!

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    That's amazing! You actually sewed her back up?!?! She's lucky to be alive and lucky to have you to take care of her.

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    yep. green thread and a needle. brave little girl.

5. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    She is gorgeous indeed and you and your mom are super for helping her. And yes, that first picture does inspire the national anthem! JJ

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Awwww She looks like a brave little eagle in that picture! [​IMG]

7. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:I've got regular sutures that I use with the animals when needed. Found it at our local farm supply store. It's the kind that disintegrates so you don't have to worry about going back and getting them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by