Update on chick, you wont believe it

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
I posted about a chicken i had that was attacked and had a huge gash in her chest. Her crop was literally hanging out. me and my mom sewed her up with thread. i planned to name her fortune, but the name Big Mama kind of stuck.
HERE IS THE LUCKY SURVIVOR......

85nzmmc.jpg

Makes you wanna sing the anthem, dont it???

7xjcgn7.jpg

"Oh my god! its a pumpkin" haha. dont worry. i didnt know if the plant was toxic, i didnt let her touch it.

72qhh0p.jpg

Isnt she beautiful?

Thanks for all the support. Im so happy. she is more than i ever imagined! i feel like a parent. by the way, im up to 11 chickens! 2 brahmas, 1 sebright mix, 1 barred rock, and 7 silkies. they are divided between a 100 sq and a 30 sq ft run. foot run! they are my babies.

Last edited:
That's amazing! You actually sewed her back up?!?! She's lucky to be alive and lucky to have you to take care of her.

She is gorgeous indeed and you and your mom are super for helping her. And yes, that first picture does inspire the national anthem! JJ

Quote:
I've got regular sutures that I use with the animals when needed. Found it at our local farm supply store. It's the kind that disintegrates so you don't have to worry about going back and getting them out.

Back
Top Bottom