UPDATE ON EGGS FROM EBAY. Day 21 today. PICS OF FUZZIES only 6/24

jumpy.gif
Boy! Was it a good decision to give the little guy some breathing room. When I gave it air last night It appeared that there was a hard substance at the site. Probably when it peeped there was so much goo it started to dry up. Well I checked on it this morning and noticed that the area was really dry and probably why the fuzzy butt didn't hatch yet.
Upon closer inspection I decided to remove the membrane. And yes the little guy was stuck behind the section of goo that was more like shellac.
As soon as I CAREFULLY removed that section he got very active and POP
jumpy.gif
I got a chick!
The count as of now is 2 buffs born, 1 buff and 1 white pipped. THIS IS GOING VERY SLOWLY! TODAY IS DAY 20
fl.gif

5506_000_0124.jpg

Last edited:
Can you see the ones that aren't buff? They're supposed to be white orps. I posted in what breed is this but no one is interested there. Can you tell what they are?

Well, Actually it's not going so well...I started out with 24 eggs. It is now day 20 and the count stands at 6 chicks so far. 4 buff and 2 white.
idunno.gif

I don't think this hatch went well. I purchased 24 eggs............I have 6 chicks. 4 buff Orpingtons and 2 White Orps. Today is day 21 should I wait or just give up?
5506_100_2099.jpg
5506_100_2105.jpg

Take some advice from someone who knows (now!) what she's talking about!
big_smile.png
Don't give up yet!!!! Late day 21, I only had one hatch out of 8 eggs! I was bummed! Today is day 23 and I had another one hatch last night and I have one more that's about to hatch! I think I have to help it, but anyways, DON'T give up yet! I would take the remaining eggs and either candle or hold them against your ear and see if you can hear anything. Thats what I did yesterday, so I knew that there was at least one more alive in there. I heard it chirping and pecking the inside of the egg. Good luck!!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom