Update...pics...page 3

duck&chickencrazy

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Indiana
Well i put the eggs in the bator on the 15 and i am so excited
ya.gif

I already had 4 eggs in the bator (I am gonna get another bator to hatch them out) they went in on the 5 and they seem to be doing fine. They are 3 sex-links/RIR and 1 RIR.

The ones i put in on the 15 are barred rock, barred rock/RIR, and a buff/Barred rock. There are 12 of them and i recieved them from a BYC member. I cant wait to candle them and see which are growing.

This is my FIRST time ever incubating eggs...and i hope i do well. Any advice people can give me.

Last edited:
duck&chickencrazy :

anyone have any tips on what i should do about my double yokers

There is an entire thread on here about double yolkers.

You have to help them hatch. I'm hoping we see an update on the twins soon.

She had two double yolkers. One produced two healthy chicks, the other, just one.

Do a search.​

Well this is an update...one of my eggs was supposed to hatch last night and it didnt...i dont know if i should be worried....today is day 22 and i have not heard a peep from it at all. Another one is supposed to hatch today though... i am at school now and so i cant see if anything is happening, but this morning when i checked nothing had happened and i didnt hear peeping...

Ok another update on the other eggs...2 are pipping right now
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
and the rest should pip soon as well. I am so ecited. So 2 out of 9 so far.

Though i am still sad that the other eggs didnt make it...o well i guess....i cracked them open and one had not absorbed the yolk completly and the other three looked like they should have hatched but they didnt...they were on day 25, o well i guess...i will just have to focus on the live ones.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom