UPDATE: Pics up! New Garage Pen/Coop

lmz534

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 31, 2011
Check out my new Pen/Coop! It is finished enough for the chickies, but I still need to add my nestboxes and roosts. It is 3Wx10Lx5H. My Dad made it for me for my birthday this weekend! It will hold 6-10 hens nicely. I love that I can stand up in it, makes it easier to clean! I used scrap vinyl and rubber mats for flooring and dumped the shavings ontop. The 2x4's at the bottom hold the shavings in pretty well. Since I live in the city and am not allowed to free range my birds, they are penned inside and out. My outside run is a repurposed dog exercise pen with a top.

Right now I just have my pet, "Doris" the Buckeye hen, but this weekend she will be joined by 3 White Orpington pullets. I also have chicks coming in a week, White and Barred Rocks, Silver Spangled Hamburgs and a couple Silver Laced Cochin bantams (seperate cage for those little guys). Hopefully all will eventually integrate and get along in their new diggs!

This chicken business is super exciting, so glad I found Backyard Chickens website, thought I was the only poultry obsessed city dweller out there! Feel free to post your questions and comments, good, bad or indifferent. Happy chickening!

102035_020.jpg

102035_019.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new coop and yes it has definitely turned into an obsession ( for me too) but please keep posting so you can get your pictures up! Welcome to the board btw!!!!

Last edited:
Oops! Guess the pics didn't load. Guess I need to put out more posts! This forum thing is confusing! haha.

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
ok, think I can post pics now. Heres the new coop/run!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb … mp;theater
Let me know whatcha think!​

Back
Top Bottom