UPDATE: Pics up! New Garage Pen/Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lmz534, Aug 16, 2011.

1. lmz534

lmz534 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    Check out my new Pen/Coop! It is finished enough for the chickies, but I still need to add my nestboxes and roosts. It is 3Wx10Lx5H. My Dad made it for me for my birthday this weekend! It will hold 6-10 hens nicely. I love that I can stand up in it, makes it easier to clean! I used scrap vinyl and rubber mats for flooring and dumped the shavings ontop. The 2x4's at the bottom hold the shavings in pretty well. Since I live in the city and am not allowed to free range my birds, they are penned inside and out. My outside run is a repurposed dog exercise pen with a top.

Right now I just have my pet, "Doris" the Buckeye hen, but this weekend she will be joined by 3 White Orpington pullets. I also have chicks coming in a week, White and Barred Rocks, Silver Spangled Hamburgs and a couple Silver Laced Cochin bantams (seperate cage for those little guys). Hopefully all will eventually integrate and get along in their new diggs!

This chicken business is super exciting, so glad I found Backyard Chickens website, thought I was the only poultry obsessed city dweller out there! Feel free to post your questions and comments, good, bad or indifferent. Happy chickening!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    [​IMG]
    Glad you have found the amazing world of chickens! I didn't see any of your coop pictures, it may be that you haven't posted enough to put up photos though.

3. Hopper

Hopper Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2011
    Ionia
    Congrats on the new coop and yes it has definitely turned into an obsession ( for me too) but please keep posting so you can get your pictures up! Welcome to the board btw!!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Pics of the new birthday coop????

5. lmz534

Jul 31, 2011
    Oops! Guess the pics didn't load. Guess I need to put out more posts! This forum thing is confusing! haha.

6. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Quote:Just go on and make a few comments on different threads. Before you know it, you will be able to put pics up. Can't wait to see them!

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

You should be able to post now - I think you can once you have 10 posts... [​IMG]

8. lmz534

Jul 31, 2011
  9. gertiie

gertiie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    ok, think I can post pics now. Heres the new coop/run!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fb … mp;theater
    Let me know whatcha think!​

10. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    Would love to see it, but I don't do Facebook. Never have, never will. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by