Update-Polish baby appears to be expeling her intestines- She's gone.

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
I only got her a few hours ago and she's so tiny! She was fine and now she's got what looks like her intestines coming from her vent.

I'm so sad- I never expected she'd crash like this and it's not something I've ever read about or know how to fix- if at all possible!

If this sounds at all familiar, let me know, please!

Poor baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another shot. It's almost as if she was constipated and the guts came with the poo, encasing it...can't tell. I'm just hoping she can recover.

I've put her in a straight sided bowl with a sitz bath, but i can tell you it's gelatinous feeling, not poo, solid, as if she was pooing a gummi-worm. It's bloody, but also red in color.

14596_cleaning_camera_326.jpg

Anyone???

maybe she is prolapsing at a young age....I am thinkin maybe cull her...if she is having problems with the vent this early it does not sound promising..hopefully someone will chime and tell me I am full of poop

i'm typing one-handed as she sleeps in the other.

she was with 7 or 8 other polish at the store, but alone in coloring, we chose her.

her i had her w/ 5 ithers, but no foul play involved.

others are fine.

Desperation is making me post another pic so someone can give me miracle advice.

*deleted image due to graphic nature*

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid I would cull your chick. I normally am one to fight on and try to save them, but her intestines are exposed. It is not just a prolapse of a minor kind. I am very sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom