(UPDATE!!) Red not getting better * PSU Replied!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers they are much appreciated, Patricia Jane

love.gif

Red just woke up, I put her back in her cage for now and got her a piece of nice cold watermelon.... She is loving it!!
big_smile.png

PA, I'm sorry I couldn't go through all the posts again - racing to get to work - but is it aspirin dose you are trying to figure out? You began posting the 4th of July and it's now the 22nd of July and do you still only have aspirin powder in the house, and you're trying to sort out a dose of that? I may have missed something and that's not it at all but if it is, just please get or have someone run to get for you a bottle of regular aspirin and the dosing is easy -I posted it days ago. One baby aspirin (81 mg) or 1/4 of a regular 325 mg aspirin per cup of water is considered a low dose and is the dose most often quoted here on BYC. Peter Brown of First State Vet Supply once told me that that notably higher doses are fine (you can call him to consult - did I give that info earlier - anyway, you can google First State vet Supply and it will come right up) but if you want to be conservative you can stick with low dose or perhaps double it, given how much Red has been going through. To encourgage ingestion in a bird not reliably drinking well, I cut up into little bits their favorite fruits (e.g. grapes) and give a good dunking in the aspirin water and then hand feed those fruits so that they get some med in them and it can begin to take the edge off pain (in your case, maybe it's fever you are after). Continuing to send tons of good wishes for sweet red. JJ

Back
Top Bottom