(UPDATE!!) Red not getting better * PSU Replied!

I did get and give her some baby asprin yesterday. So now I will have it on hand. It is hard having 1 car and your hubby has to take it to work. It has been really hard on us here since he was laid off last fall. I really was trying to do my best for her..
hit.gif

I am so sorry. You are an amazing mom and you did everything you could for your baby. We all have to work with what we have, and you used your resources the best you could. You now have the start to your chicken repair kit, and you are prepared to deal with other things coming up.

We all learn as we go, and you worked very hard at learning as much as you could. I think you did an awesome job.

I am sorry to hear about Red. I didn't join back yard chickens til Tuesday and as I first found your post Thursday and saw you had been trying to treat her with penicillin and tetracycline based antibiotics for two weeks, I was afraid for you. I threw my penicillin and durmyacin 10 away a long time ago as it never helped any sick animal I ever had. Most viruses and bacteria either have immunity to them or they do not treat them at all. Its not just chickens either. Its every type of livestock. I realize this comes to late for you to save Red but atthe least now you have the knowledge and experience to help you save the next one that gets sick. And unfortunately not all of them can be saved even with the right meds. All you can do is your best and I am sure everyone feels like you certainly did the best you could with what you had.

Aww Mollie I am so sorry to hear about Red, I had been following your posts and been hoping she would get better for you, but just know she is no longer in any pain and she has joined my little Snowy who also died this week, they will be playing together in Chicken heaven and have all their favourite treats. You did all that you could do and that is what matters. Sending you hugs.
hugs.gif

As I write this I am in tears. I have been following this thread from the beginning and was oh so hoping she would pull through. I am terribly sorry for your lose. You should be very proud of yourself as I know Red is. You desperately tried with everything you had to save her. Some things just aren't meant to be no matter how hard you want something. Know in your heart she is at peace now. Giving you great big
hugs.gif

Thank you very much every one. She was a very special bird to all of us here at our house.
It's nice to know I have friends to help me through this.
love.gif
hit.gif

Mollie

Quote:
You DID do your best for her. There are times that despite all of our efforts, there isn't much we can do-don't beat yourself up.
I'm so sorry that lost your girl.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom