Update

sammi_lynn12

Songster
Sep 14, 2022
Grovertown, IN
My littles joined the flock two weeks ago full time. Everyone gets along pretty well, my RIR are the only ones who give them the run around occasionally. Normally whenever they don’t want to share a snack. The littles just stay out of the way and everyone lives in harmony. They seem pretty segregated. I would have imagined they’d be a little more integrated by now. When I let them free range the littles stay together and then my original flock go off with each other. Never together. I’m assuming the more time they spend together, the more comfortable they’ll become. Just wanted to do updated pics and an update!

Also, I love both of these breeds so much. They are so friendly and have great personalities. I will be getting more in the future!

Attachments

• 8ABCEA02-7870-4DD4-BCD2-94F8B3DEF3DF.jpeg
    8ABCEA02-7870-4DD4-BCD2-94F8B3DEF3DF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 37F58D81-53C3-449C-9674-86E8E11D0723.jpeg
    37F58D81-53C3-449C-9674-86E8E11D0723.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
I have those breeds, too, and love them! Your girls look so calm.

It took a year and the death of the lead hen for my 2 groups to integrate well. They lived together without fighting, but kept separate. On the bright side, they now all get along so well now.
My littles LOVE me. They are very chill and love to hang out wherever I am. They just lay down or peck around by me and truly enjoy each others company as well.

My original flock consists of 2 RIR, 2 Australorps, and 2 Barred Rocks. The only ones who pick on them are my RIR's. The other two breeds could care less about them. I am hoping when my littles are the same size as my hens, they will stick up for themselves and get after the RIR's when they decide to pick on them. Like I said, for the most part the RIR's are fine with them, it seems like when treats are involved the RIR's can be rude about it is all. I yell at them though and pick them up and carrying them around when they want to be like that lol when I am outside the RIR's are on their best behavior. 😂

Back
Top Bottom