Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Quote:
Give straight from the syringe at 0.23ml per pound of body weight.

Half pound chicken 0.115ml
One pound chicken - 0.23ml
Two pound chicken - 0.46ml
Three pound chicken - 0.69ml
Four pound chicken - 0.92ml
Five pound chicken - 1.15ml
Six pound chicken - 1.38ml
Seven pound chicken - 1.61ml
And so on...

Okay to round up a little.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Only the OP can change the title of a thread, but that has to be done while it's still fairly new, which this thread is not. The better thread for discussing Safeguard dosing is definitely @KsKingBee 's https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/926738/safeguard-and-feather-damage-while-molting

-Kathy

I am kind of sorry I brought up the idea to change the title of the Safeguard and Feather Damage thread.
hide.gif
My thought was that it began with a feather damage question but it turned out to be so much more important as a discussion in the proper dosing of our birds. However now when someone wants to find that info they may relate the feather damage to help them find it, so it will stay the way it is. Thank you Kathy for making all that information available to those who need it.

Kathy, why don't you put all of this info on your member page?
You could link to your page from the signature at the bottom of your posts.
That way it would at least be in a place where it could be easily found and couldn't be added to or altered by anyone but you.
If you want me to make any more charts just let me know!

Thank you Kathy and everyone, you have all been good help. She seems a bit better all though her legs a bit weak she walks around and scratched the floor doing chicken stuff just not as much as the others but may be recovering. So I gave her safegaurd dose on Monday if I'm jot mistaken someone commented to redoes in 7 to 10 days

Thank you Kathy and everyone, you have all been good help. She seems a bit better all though her legs a bit weak she walks around and scratched the floor doing chicken stuff just not as much as the others but may be recovering. So I gave her safeguard dose on Monday if I'm jot mistaken someone commented to redoes in 7 to 10 days
Five days in a row is what you should do. One day then ten days later will *not* treat capillary worms. Start over with today as day one and do five days in a row.

-Kathy

Last edited:
...if I'm jot mistaken someone commented to redoes in 7 to 10 days

I asked my vet just yesterday about how long to wait for a follow up dosing, she said three weeks. I told her that everyone on the forums... and she said 'I want you to redoes at three weeks'. She was in a bit of a hurry so I didn't really get the why of it straight in my mind but that is what she told me. I think I need to look at the life cycle of round worms.

Back
Top Bottom