Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
I mean this the nicest way possible... If she were a sick dog or cat that thin would you keep her outside? A thin bird that has trouble getting up on the roost is probably very close to dying, so at this point I'm actually afraid to offer any more advice until you can get a weight, post some pictures of her and get her someplace warmer. You should also check her very carefully for lice and mites.

-Kathy

If you can't bring her in your house or garage maybe you could find a *safe* way to give her a heat lamp. Must be safe, many people have started fires in their coops with lamps, so only do it if you can do it properly.

-Kathy

Pictures from the Veterinary Parasitology Reference Manual - Fifth Edition

Roundworm

Cecal worm

Capillary worms

Gapeworm

Tapeworm

Coccidia

-Kathy

If you can't bring her in your house or garage maybe you could find a *safe* way to give her a heat lamp. Must be safe, many people have started fires in their coops with lamps, so only do it if you can do it properly.

-Kathy

I do have a 125 w heat lamp inside the coop for her which I have it on right now. I do not really have somewhere to bring her in.

Quote:
Quote: A dog or cat vet might be willing to see her, but I understand that it's very expensive. Only my favorite peafowl and turkeys get to go to the vet, chickens never get to go, it's just too expensive for me.

-Kathy

Quote:
A dog or cat vet might be willing to see her, but I understand that it's very expensive. Only my favorite peafowl and turkeys get to go to the vet, chickens never get to go, it's just too expensive for me.

-Kathy

Yes exactly I mean I like my chickens but I don't know about taking to vet. I took pictures and I brought her in to my room which I have a heater on. I feel hot but she seems good. I mixed some powder with warm water made it mushy and she is eating. Here are the pictures.

2 of them was before I took her in the house. And the other 2 of course she's inside eating.

Back
Top Bottom