Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
It won't play really. I hate these things. She's just sleeping.

The fact that she has been consuming a lot of water and has vomited leads me to suspect crop impaction. Have you felt her crop?

The fact that she has been consuming a lot of water and has vomited leads me to suspect crop impaction. Have you felt her crop?

Yes it's soft. I've been giving her mushy food. The powder that's left from the feed I have I mix with water and give it to her

The picture above that I put she's sleeping. You see the ball under her. Which seems like impacted crop. Well I'm feeling and her bone is there. Like neck bone I'm guessing? Could she have hurt herself somehow broke it or?

The picture above that I put she's sleeping. You see the ball under her. Which seems like impacted crop. Well I'm feeling and her bone is there. Like neck bone I'm guessing? Could she have hurt herself somehow broke it or?

Her crop looks enlarged, perhaps you could post some more pics, from different angles. They will usually consume a lot more water in an attempt to dislodge the blockage. As Kathy said , it is best to separate her and keep her warm. Now you can monitor her condition better.

Impacted crops I have seen have been hard, not soft, squishy or filled with water. Very gently feel her crop and let us know what it feels like. A slow crop and vomiting are common in critically ill birds, even when they aren't drinking. Is it possible that once she warmed up she felt a little better and drank too much? The water she drank lots of, did it have the Corid in it yet?

-Kathy

Last edited:
This has been going on for ten days now.

This thread was started 10 days ago:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/932477/sick-chicken-help-please
Hey everyone my chicken who seems like pulley to me has started to slow down. She usually is up and wandering being a chicken but she has just started to sit around and now has tail down. She does seem a bit lighter. Here are some pictures can someone please help. I have given electrolytes and vitamins I don't know if enough.

She has her tail down I have noticed sometimes when she shook her hair a little bit of water came out from somewhere maybe nose or?

-Kathy

Impacted crops I have seen have been hard, not soft, squishy or filled with water. Very gently feel her crop and let us know what it feels like. A slow crop and vomiting are common in critically ill birds, even when they aren't drinking. Is it possible that once she warmed up she felt a little better and drank too much? The water she drank lots of, did it have the Corid in it yet?

-Kathy

Yes it did now she's just pooping clear but I think she finally giving up.

Back
Top Bottom