Updating avatar/profile picture

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by ccstar, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ccstar

ccstar Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2013
    Gilroy, CA
    Honest, I have read and followed links for hours, so now it's time to ask. I'm on an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0. I can attach photos to my posts, I've posted just over 20 times but still I do not have the options yet to add a signature or change my photo/avatar.

Suggestions please?
    [​IMG]

2. Rich386

Rich386 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    Live Oak, FL
    Sign in and go to MY FILE on the right. You should be able to do all that from there.

3. ccstar

Apr 17, 2013
    Gilroy, CA
    Sorry, I'm not normally dense, but I only see Edit Profile and preferences neither list My File nor is there anything to the right on the header or footer.... Uurgh. I hate to be asking this, so thank you for your patience. Normally I can figure out anything...

1 person likes this.
  4. ccstar

Apr 17, 2013
    Gilroy, CA
    Perhaps this is an action that must be done on a computer and not mobile device...?
    There is no My File or anything. Only the screen shot I showed. I was thinking perhaps the number of posts had increased in order to be granted access and have these items available so I can have a photo for an avatar...

1 person likes this.
  5. shellyschicks

shellyschicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2013
    Melbourne
    Oops problem

6. ccstar

Apr 17, 2013
    Gilroy, CA
    I never use my laptop. My kids used it as a step stool and it makes me cuss so I do my best to avoid it. It would have been so very nice if SOMEWHERE or in any thread it said certain things can ONLY BE DONE from a desktop computer. Sigh, But its done and now everyone can see my lovely girls :) Thanks all and have a lovely day!!!

7. itsjustme

itsjustme Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Indiana
    Did you finally figure it out on you phone or did you have to use your lap top? I use a huawei andriod phone and have the same issue. I.get the same thing you did that says edit profile with no option to upload a photo. If I scroll all the way to the bottom and click desktop it changes the layout and givrs me the option to upload I go through all tje steps it will say finished then that's it there's nothing there :(

8. urbanchange90

urbanchange90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2013
    Pacific Northwest
    How did you guys end up doing it? I only have access to this from my phone and can't seem to figure it out.

9. minmin1258

minmin1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same issue! Can't put in a picture and am unable to update files like I want to. HELP!

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by