Upgraded my brooder

sm2teach

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2014
East Texas
My baby chicks are between 4-6 weeks old. The weather was really warm last week getting up to 90 most days so I would put them in their little coop outside when I got up in the mornings and bring them in at night. This week, however, it is raining and cold. They originally started out in a large plastic tub that they quickly outgrew. We then moved them to the large box that their coop came in. We used pine shavings with both. We don't have a garage so they have been living in my living room. They now jump out of the box and I come home to chicken poop all over the living room floor and would have to empty pine shavings every night. The thought of leaving them in the house all day this week prompted me to rethink the brooder. They already love the sand and have been dust bathing. Hopefully this will keep them contained until it dries up and we are able to move them outside permanently.

LOL, looks like they've got high fences and plenty of space now! I would not be happy at the thought of free ranging chickens in my house! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom