Urgent! Baby Chick bloated and barely breathing! Please Help!

lkryvchenko

Hatching
7 Years
May 25, 2012
I have a baby chick that is about 3 days old. When I first got him, his wing was injured. I thought that it was his wing that was causing his inability to walk like the others. The next day I noticed that he was very cold and could not sit up straight. He was heavily gasping for air and his belly was really bloated.I put him on the heating pad and it seamed as if he was feeling better again. I started to notice that he is very constipated as well. He gets cold and sick about once a day from then on. I am very worried! Please help!

Wow, I'm so sorry that your little one is having such trouble.
I'm pretty new to chick keeping too but here's a few things to start with.
First, separate her from the others - just in case it's something contagious.
Then post as much info as you can. Her breed, age, any and all symptoms that might help others get a handle on what's going on.
Also - start searching in the threads. It's very likely that you'll find others that have posted about chicks with similar problems.

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it. At this point I don't know what to think because it is come and go.

No. He doesn't have one, but he bloats up to almost double his size. I gave his fish oil, mollases, and I've been squeezing him. I hope he makes it.goday was the first time he went after being hatched only 4 days ago.

I am sorry for your loss....

I'm thinking that the little guy was born with a genetic problem.

Back
Top Bottom