Urgent - Can anyone help TONIGHT ? Corid (Amprolium) dosage question

Brahmadarma

Songster
11 Years
Aug 13, 2008
I rushed out and bought a bottle of Corid (Amprolium) 9.6% Oral Solution Coccidiostat without stopping to ask about dosage.
There are no indications on the bottle for poultry, only calves.
I have isolated the sick chick (7 wks. old) and I need to medicate her tonight. She finished a course of Sulmet (6 days) six days ago, she's gone backwards again. I must save her.
Can anyone figure out how much per quarter gallon of water?
Please?

Thanks for the chart, m. I've read 9.5 cc of liquid 9.6% Corid per gallon of water or 10 cc, which is so close, probably either would work, I guess. Annie, what did you have to pay for that bottle of Corid? The only one I've ever seen around here is $19.95.

Last edited:
Hello Speckledhen - you got a bargain! I paid $34.95 !!
I didn't complain as it was the only source I could track down within forty miles.
I guess that's southern California for you.
If it saves her it will be well worth it.

Now the obvious question is - how many days do I treat them?
But I have just read a recent post on Cocci in this section that gives 4cc per gallon as the dose - that's quite a difference. I would be seriously over-dosing if that is right.
Although I hate to do it, I will have to hold off until further info can make sense of the conflicting amounts. It certainly would help if the company put the dosage for poultry on the bottle.

Just to put everyone's mind at rest, please check out the "Cocci" thread posted by Stilwellchick, last posted today. It will clarify any confusion over dosage amounts for Corid (amprolium) 9.6% Oral Solution Coccidiostat.
Thanks for all the help.

From a 7/27 discussion we had re. Amprolium (also called by brand name Corid) ~

Quote:
I believe this dosage is for adult, standard birds. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom