Urgent! Duck acting drunk.

Clinkm

Chirping
Apr 12, 2021
MO
Help please 🥲 My 6 month old pekin drake was fine this morning. This evening bringing him in he's acting drunk. He's still quacking, loveable and wants snuggles, drinking water and eating snacks( will only take little food) Has anyone had any experience with this?

Ive heard of using epsom salt in the water and on my way to buy some. Any help is appreciated! 😔

Help please 🥲 My 6 month old pekin drake was fine this morning. This evening bringing him in he's acting drunk. He's still quacking, loveable and wants snuggles, drinking water and eating snacks( will only take little food) Has anyone had any experience with this?

Ive heard of using epsom salt in the water and on my way to buy some. Any help is appreciated! 😔
Can you explain in more detail what you mean by acting drunk? Wobbling, off balance?

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by acting drunk? Wobbling, off balance?
Yes, wobbling and off balance.
He still responds and quacks when he sees us. But will not stand for long atm. Just wants pets 😔

niacin deficiency? what feed do you feed
Pellet layer with niacin* (formulated for ducks)
Grit, some cracked corn every few days, a salad as I call it (good fruits and veggies duck approved every other day), mealworms as treats and a good amount of kale once a week or so. and they are outside all day foraging in a fenced in area.
Like I said, he was fine this morning and before this evening. This happened within an 8 hr window.

Pellet layer with niacin* (formulated for ducks)
Grit, some cracked corn every few days, a salad as I call it (good fruits and veggies duck approved every other day), mealworms as treats and a good amount of kale once a week or so. and they are outside all day foraging in a fenced in area.
Like I said, he was fine this morning and before this evening. This happened within an 8 hr window.
did he eating something bad? check if his poop looks normal (gross but if it is weird it might be because of something he ate)

what brand of feed is it? lots say they have enough niacin but don’t
Nutrena? I think..... I know the label online said it calculates out to 27 mg per lb and its a 50lb bag. They get free feed when inside. They also get niacin rich foods, multiple times a week. Peas are there favorite.

did he eating something bad? check if his poop looks normal (gross but if it is weird it might be because of something he ate)
Im not sure. They aren't monitored in the day but are in an enclosed large area. I dont believe theres anything growing that would be harmful to them. Ill check tomorrow to see if theres any standing water thats yuck. May have caused botulism.
But I dont see that happening in an 8 hr span.
Their poop is dark today because of being outside and drilling the dirt. They love drilling holes.

Back
Top Bottom