URGENT!! DUCK GOT ATTACKED + BROKEN WING. PLEASE HELP

This isn't the first time their dog has wounded one of my birds, the first time it needed put down. I haven't had time to say anything just yet.
You need to contact authorities now. This is a pattern. You need to be in contact with the neighbors about this, asap. The dog needs to be fenced in if it's not safe to roam.

I always kind of assume people live a little rural, and I get that not all dogs wear collars or have leashes or fully fenced yards. But they have to be GOOD dogs to do this, and if he's not a good dog (which apparently he's Not) he needs fenced in *bare minimum*. Please let the neighbors know this has happened twice now, and I don't know how to report something like this to what kind of authorities but that needs to happen.

You need to contact authorities now. This is a pattern. You need to be in contact with the neighbors about this, asap. The dog needs to be fenced in if it's not safe to roam.

I always kind of assume people live a little rural, and I get that not all dogs wear collars or have leashes or fully fenced yards. But they have to be GOOD dogs to do this, and if he's not a good dog (which apparently he's Not) he needs fenced in *bare minimum*. Please let the neighbors know this has happened twice now, and I don't know how to report something like this to what kind of authorities but that needs to happen.
I will ASAP. Thank you.

Alcohol and hydrogen peroxide are both damaging to cells on the wound bed - they should not be used. Saline and Chlorexdine are better alternatives.
Do you have go-to products for infections? And do you have any advice about the color of his poop? Most importantly I need to know if he needs immediate vet attention or if I can help him.

Can you find the antibacterial at tsc?? Or one antibacterial at least.
If you plan a vet trip stick with the veterycin that you have. Neosporin, I've read, is good also. Blukote will stain and make examining difficult. Trim nearby feathers and try to get more pics. A little electrolyte water probably won't hurt.

Disclaimer: I am a novice.

Best wishes:fl

Edit: Neosporin without pain med. Any of the "caines".

If you plan a vet trip stick with the veterycin that you have. Neosporin, I've read, is good also. Blukote will stain and make examining difficult. Trim nearby feathers and try to get more pics. A little electrolyte water probably won't hurt.

Disclaimer: I am a novice.

Best wishes:fl

Edit: Neosporin without pain med. Any of the "caines".
I'm no novice, been working with poultry for like six years. Have dealt with most things. But this is a bit more nerve wracking. Why without pain med?

Back
Top Bottom