URGENT!! Duck is acting strange please help!!

DuckMochi

Songster
6 Years
Jun 16, 2017
Tempe, AZ
i have a female mallard a little over a year old and today when i went out to say hi to them all she seemed sort of off. I brought her inside to watch her, her eyes seem squinty, she keeps slightly shaking her head and mouth keeps moving, she pants like it’s hot but it is not hot at all and she seems sort of warm but I know birds have higher temperatures so it’s hard to tell. She keeps twitching her wings and all together doesn’t seem like she can balance very well... she couldn’t fly as far as usual and when she tried to flap her wings to dry herself off she fell forward.

Poop is liquity and diarrhea like

Avian vet did not answer the phone

Please help me I don’t know what’s wrong and I’m terrified

Give her vitamins in her water. Maybe try putting her in her own pen to keep an eye on her. Give her good healthy foods.

Sorry if this doesn’t help much... I don’t have any ducks and I’m not really good with sicknesses.

Am I too late?

@LoveDatChickenLife you weren’t too late no worries. We actually managed to get her in as an emergency at an exotic animal clinic right after I posted this so we rushed her there right away. She was egg bound and couldn’t get it out because of how exhausted she was from overlaying due to our new drake but she got an x ray and blood work and it all came out clean. Her egg was normal size and shape and she spent the night at the vet and was luckily able to pass it on her own. She’s back at home now better than ever. But I really appreciate you replying, despite it being later on, because nobody else did.

@LoveDatChickenLife you weren’t too late no worries. We actually managed to get her in as an emergency at an exotic animal clinic right after I posted this so we rushed her there right away. She was egg bound and couldn’t get it out because of how exhausted she was from overlaying due to our new drake but she got an x ray and blood work and it all came out clean. Her egg was normal size and shape and she spent the night at the vet and was luckily able to pass it on her own. She’s back at home now better than ever. But I really appreciate you replying, despite it being later on, because nobody else did.
I'm really sorry that more people didn't reply. :hugs Thanks for the update and I'm glad she is better.

Back
Top Bottom