URGENT HELP My hen just never got better after she layed the egg,what can I do?

Enrofloxacin 10% (Baytril) is also used to treat reproductive disorders and other infections. Sometimes you can get the kind for pigeons, fish, or dogs and cats without prescription, and use it. Human and animal antibiotics are the same ones that can be used on chickens, as long as you don’t eat their eggs for several weeks. Veterinarians even in the US, normally need to see a chicken in order to prescribe medicines. It is against the law, and they can lose their licenses.

Enrofloxacin 10% (Baytril) is also used to treat reproductive disorders and other infections. Sometimes you can get the kind for pigeons, fish, or dogs and cats without prescription, and use it. Human and animal antibiotics are the same ones that can be used on chickens, as long as you don’t eat their eggs for several weeks. Veterinarians even in the US, normally need to see a chicken in order to prescribe medicines. It is against the law, and they can lose their licenses.
Op said vet won't prescribe anything except pain meds. 😢Not sure where they're located.

Op said vet won't prescribe anything except pain meds. 😢Not sure where they're located.
Im located in Denmark, there aren’t many vets for hens and the closest one that the other bird vet said would take me in is about 4 hours away and closed until Monday. I did get the encianta and will give that to her tomorrow😊

She haven’t eaten any solid food for 2 days so tomorrow I might try and force feed her if that is not to cruel, please say if you think it’s a bad idea, bc I’m not too sure about it

Im located in Denmark, there aren’t many vets for hens and the closest one that the other bird vet said would take me in is about 4 hours away and closed until Monday. I did get the encianta and will give that to her tomorrow😊

She haven’t eaten any solid food for 2 days so tomorrow I might try and force feed her if that is not to cruel, please say if you think it’s a bad idea, bc I’m not too sure about it
Brew the echinacea overnight, I do that for a really strong brew. I do the same with oregano. Actually, if you want a caffeine free energy boost, you can drink oregano tincture as well ❤️

Brew the echinacea overnight, I do that for a really strong brew. I do the same with oregano. Actually, if you want a caffeine free energy boost, you can drink oregano tincture as well ❤️
Thank you for the suggestion,will definitely try the energy thing
How much echinacea do you put in the drink?😊

A LITTLE BUT HUGE UPDATE: I vent to feed her the calsium pill and she freaking nibbled on a piece of cucumber, and even tried to eat some tuna and some of her pill on her own yay. How it looks now I’m very hopeful that she will get through the night😊🤞🏻

Back
Top Bottom