Urgent Help with diagnosis

Tina2chicks

Hatching
Feb 3, 2022
Hello, I'm new to the group. I've been a chicken mom for 3/12 years of 2 RIR's. Staring yesterday one of my girls is very sick. I've read quite a bit in the past day and even an app just ask. I don't have a vet that sees chickens near me or one that available right now. She's had lots of yellow fluids out of her mouth and bottom off and on. I gave her an exam. No swollen areas, hard belly. Checked her crop...I'm comparing her to Bella Rue which is healthy but she's twice the size and still nothing that stands out. I have given her papaya fruit, Metamucil with coconut water followed with lots of water through a medicine droper. She did have more of a runny poop.just now gave her melodic with papaya/water. She just eyes closed, resting/leaning opens eyes every now and then when she feels like she's about to fall over. Her crown is not as floppy as yesterday but don't know if its because it's so cold here in Houston Tx

She is 3 1/2 years old? Her belly is harder than normal? Do you know when she last laid?
Reproductive problems are not uncommon after the age of 2. My hatchery RIR's have been some of my highest percentages of reproductive problems over all. Reproductive problems can include cancers, infections like salpingitis, and internal laying.

Does she normally lay eggs? What does the crop feel like—empty and flat, full or partly full, hard, doughy, or puffy? Check it again in the morning to see if has emptied overnight. Has she lost any weight? Did the yellow liquid come out as vomit? Poop pictures can be helpful. What is the Metamucil for? Can you give some electrolytes, Gatorade, or Pedialyte? Watery chicken feed and a little cooked egg would be good to offer.

She is 3 1/2 years old? Her belly is harder than normal? Do you know when she last laid?
Reproductive problems are not uncommon after the age of 2. My hatchery RIR's have been some of my highest percentages of reproductive problems over all. Reproductive problems can include cancers, infections like salpingitis, and internal laying.
I'm not sure why this is going into a different category...uuug

Back
Top Bottom