Urgent...hen with severe comb injury

I would gladly take advice on how to reintroduce my hen to a flock of 14 after just a few days of recovery. Will they even notice if it is just a short period of time? I will likely cull the rooster before then. He is pretty protective and I have a feeling he will not accept any "new" chickens.

If you keep the segregated hen in the coop, along with the rest of the flock - I would not think there should be any re-integration issues - but just be aware that there could be and keep an eye on things.

I would gladly take advice on how to reintroduce my hen to a flock of 14 after just a few days of recovery. Will they even notice if it is just a short period of time? I will likely cull the rooster before then. He is pretty protective and I have a feeling he will not accept any "new" chickens.
I've experienced different hens getting injured and then put back into the flock once they've healed. Some were a bit skittish at first and definitely took a couple days to readjust, but then others went in as though they were never gone. Just keep an eye on them, and maybe slowly introduce them again.

Back
Top Bottom