urgent: her neck is cuiver

Lajuj

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 23, 2009
my hens neck has quivered and turned over ,the hen cant stand either walk , i feel sorry for her,i feed her by mixing wheat+rice+date+groundnut with my hand.
Now her dropping is watery with white n green shes very week.
Help me cure her plzz.
Thank u.

I think you might be dealing with wry neck. Do a search on here. You will find all kinds of posts with help for this. She needs extra vitamin b and vitamin E. She also needs to have some chicken crumbles. Does she normally have access to layer crumbles? If so, try mixing yogurt, water and layer crumbles...make a mash out of it and feed her that. I'm not sure where you are located but, if you can get poly vi sol, without iron, children's vitamins...give her .5mls per day plus 400 ius of vitamin E daily. Her dropping being green means she is not getting enough food and is starving. You need to get more high quality food into her and more of it.

Good luck with your hen.

hi leadwolf1,
thank you for the advise. I feed her boiled rice mix with bee honey i also gave her vitamin B tablet in her food ,still i cant under stand of her dropping its sometimes changes colour to brown to black with white and sometimes she drops watery anyway i uploaded new photos u may check . Till now i thank god the neck is getting improvement.
i am from Tanzania (east africa)

my friend leadwolf1 i am glad to inform u that the baby hen is now fine even the neck has gone normal and it can feed her self , i feel very happy.

That is great you were able to quickly find & apply a solution that is helping her! It's always a relief to hear reports of effective treatments.
Hooray!
ya.gif

hi speckledhill
thank you for the comment ,well i did feed her bread, groundnut, maize bran and wheat bran all i do is crush them in a blender then mix with bee honey adding aloe vera liquid by crush the leaf n mix in the food when she was sick .
But now shes fine she can stand ,walk and pick food ,i feel great happy

hi leadwolf1.
Thanks for your comment , i feel proud that shes ok now.

Back
Top Bottom