Urgent! My goat is not doing good

jessnd12414

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2015
hello, I have a 7 month old Nigerian dwarf who has had runny poops for about a little over a week now, I dewormed and treated with corid and he is getting worse, still has runny poops and is now lathargic and doesn't want to stand and it's doing a twitch. He has been getting electrolytes. He was up and eating hay this morning and now he's like this. The dr at the vet is not in today and there is no one is in the area that can see him please help!

can you take and report vitals (temp, pulse, respiration rate, weight ..... color of gums/ mrmbranes of nostril/eyes, etc). What specifically did you deworm with, how much, etc? Do you know how to assess for dehydration... if so , is he showing signs of such? What color is the diarrhea? What part of the body is the twitch showing in?

hello, I have a 7 month old Nigerian dwarf who has had runny poops for about a little over a week now, I dewormed and treated with corid and he is getting worse, still has runny poops and is now lathargic and doesn't want to stand and it's doing a twitch. He has been getting electrolytes. He was up and eating hay this morning and now he's like this. The dr at the vet is not in today and there is no one is in the area that can see him please help!
How long ago was the corid treatment and how much was it, plus the body weight?
Nutridrench should be admin as well. Also Sulmet in the drinking water. My Vets recomends cydecton. that is what we use.
Pull down your goats eye lid, is it pale or red?

Back
Top Bottom