Urgent Puppy help!!! ~~~~~~~~UPDATE!!! SHES HAVING THEM!!!~~~~~~~~

Oh another q, after how long should each puuy be pushed out. For example, after pup 1 was born, in 10 mins, pup 2 was expelled. How long is it

It can be up to a couple of hours, but usually they come within an hour. She shouldn't be actively pushing for more than an hour without a call to the vet.

Ok, I called a vet and told em that my dogs is birthing, and they said not to worry. Well its been 1 hr since the last pup. Shes having very few contractions. THere are pups in there. Gotta wait

Ok I made a chart

Puppy 1 2:15 Brindle F Normal
Puppy 2 2:40 Black M Normal
Puppy 2 3:40 Brindle M Breech(no help needed)

Walkswithdogs I take a little offense to it doesn't matter to the vet or anyone on line if the dogs die. I am sorry but if I didn't care I wouldn't have posted my response and I am a vet tech. Do you know how many times I have told people on the phone with their dog to get it in ASAP and they hym and haw about it? How many evenings on my time off to help with a c section or an emergency, if your vet doesn't care get a different vet. I hate losing a patient. I could go on but I won't

Sindoora I am glad things going well:D Just the 3?
smile.png

Breech is very common in dogs and shouldn't be a problem unless a leg is hung up somewhere. What kind of dogs are these? I don't think I remember reading. Glad to see things are still progressing well. Keep us updated!!

It can go on for hours from start to finish--I'm lucky with my girls, in that the longest delivery of an entire litter I've ever had has been just over an hour from start to finish. Someone already said that "resting" between contractions is different from, say, a solid hour of unproductive, active labor.

I always err on the side of caution, though.

Back
Top Bottom