Urgent - Red Mites - Leaving Grand baby - Bullying

mix as directed and spray EVERYTHING, under everything , behind everything, next box, roost bars, ground, walls ceiling, birds...
Again why the 13.3 and not the 10. I have 10 here on hand.
To say I am running out of time would be an understatement, my car is half packed. I can't put the baby on hold.

:)
Thank you again

Thank you, I am 99% sure these are the red mites, I have treated NFM in the past with elector PSP and had success. I am afraid to spray birds in extreme cold.
I lost a bird in late fall early winter. I think in the end it was mites, I sent samples off to be tested and the only thing that came back was red mites.

Thank you for your advice
Liseann
I would use permethrin powder on the birds and the spray in the coop.

ETA Be sure to wear a mask and gloves while applying the powder. Also make sure it gets down to the skin, not just on the feathers.

I read up on why 13.3 and not 10.
The way 10 is used (from the article) is for in ground use for in ground bugs.
13.3 for flying, crawling , above ground.
all i can tell you is i have used both and see a big difference in fly control.

me too lol
yes i use this, yes you can spray animals with it, mixing per animal/application comes with it and 13.3 is what you want for contact treatment.
no need to with hold eggs
Thank you, given my situation and whats going on in this emergency situation.
I am going to use my 10 to spray the coop for today, dust my quarantined bird with active mites with with my gardstar poultry dust (Permethrin) and hope this does not kill her from overdose of chemicals.
Then when we get back I will work on next steps.

Thank you again

If it was warm i would dip the birds. I dip my birds in warm water that i have added salt, 13.3 permethrin, tail and main medicated. Then rub their comb, waddles and feet in coconut oil.
Its middle of winter here, below 50 last week, 60 degree today.
We are about to go out of town any minute, I am working against the clock here
Need to do something right now... Baby is coming

Permethrin is good to use in the coop for treatment (coop, nests, roosts) as well as the more expensive Elector PSP. Permethrin garden dust or the permethrin spray is good for the chicken’s treatment and can be used in 7 days intervals to get the newly hatched mites before they reproduce. Eprinex or Ivermectin is repeated in 14 days. Dosage is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight placed on the back of the neck over the spine. Mites are said to be very hard to control, and they can cause severe anemia and death. It is hard to know if you should use something else this soon since you have already used ivermectin. But I would be tempted to dust her with permethrin if they are still on her. Do the chickens have a spot to dust bathe in? You might want to check with your vet in case they want to suggest something else, such as a spot on treatment. Most chemicals p, such as ivermectin can enter the eggs, so egg withdrawal time is a concern.
@aart

Ok update, I just went out and picked up 2 more of my birds, they too have exploded with mites, they are tiny red and crawling on them in day time. Our temps went up to 60 degrees yesterday. Last week 50 below. Normally this is our coldest time of year, way below freezing.
I had read 3 drops 1/4 ml of Eprinex for bantams, sounds like I should have used more on a couple of these birds, silkies. Treated on Sunday night. Today 3.5 days ago.
I could wait and see if baby is delayed more or just take a chance and treat birds with something else now.

They baby could come any time now, if no baby by Monday then they are going to induce.

I have elector psp
Permethrin 10 liquid
Guardstar poultry garden dust Permethrin
and of course the Eprinex which I don't think I should retreat with.
I could go get Permethrin 13.3 as suggested but this will take time I dont have
I am afraid they are going to call any minute and I will have to leave without having time to do anything else.
My gut is to 1 & 2 or go with #3
1. treat coop with Permethrin
2a dust everyone with Permetrin or
2b. spray everyone with elector psp

3. go get Permethrin 13.3 and spray all birds and coop

Back
Top Bottom