Use of “Wolf Urine” to deter coyotes.

So we had a coyote grab one of our chickens free ranging in our fenced yard mid afternoon. We have a very secure coop and “large predator” proof outside run. We let them out to roam while we are home, but had left them alone while we were preparing dinner. It left a pile of feathers and she was missing for a couple of hours. Thought we’d lost her but she came back with a lot of missing feathers at the base of her back. No major wound (no blood) just scratches which we are treating with Providine-Iodine.
My question is, we lost our dog 4 weeks ago so the yard was more coyote friendly, would wolf urine on tags around the fence perimeter help to dissuade another coyote approach? I know it will not keep them out completely, but will it help to keep the coyote moving along?
Thanks in advance.
Dumb question here but I'm just wondering, did you see a coyote grab your hen? Or have you noticed them hanging out around your property? I'm just very surprised, but incredibly happy your hen escaped from a coyote snatching her up. Please don't think I'm doubting you, this is just an innocent question. I assumed a coyote would bite firmly and even if the bite was shallow enough to not penetrate the skin, it seems like the hen wouldn't be able to escape as it adjusted its hold on her. Don't get me wrong, again I'm thrilled she made it back home. Hopefully your hen is doing well and lives a long, healthy, and happy life from here on out 😊 May I also ask where she has scratches? Thank you I hope you find a good solution

Back
Top Bottom