Use old mail order catalogs on coop floor

kronenwetter

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
I use catalogs on the coop floor to catch the poop and then each morning throw in the trash. Any known problems with this? My coop has never been so clean.

I use shredded junk mail all the time, everywhere.

I seem to have an endless supply...

Habit I have is to avoid any shiny or metallic colored papers.

Not sure if there is still merit to this or not.

I know little about the printing inks used today, but shiny is still slippery, when pooped on.

HELP. I don't know where to post this one. I came home today to find one of my 7 ladies stuck between two parallel 2 x 4s used to create a large enclosure. IDK how long she was there and I had a heck of a time removing her. Nothing is obviously broken. She can stand but prefers to lay. I have brought her in the house and rigged up the original dog cage (large) that all of them were raised in. She drank a little. Like very little. I've put a box with shavings. Water. And food. And covered the cage. It's night time here. I hope she feels safe. BUT HOW LONG DO I KEEP HER THERE??? What do I look for. What is "normal" after this trauma ?

kronenwetter, Is she up and about? looking dazed? any ruffled feathers or blood? She may just be in shock, and will come out of it. Once I had a rooster stuck between a wall of a coop and a dog kennel that was in the coop. Dont know how long he'd been there, but he did just fine.
She may be fine in the morning, or you may want to keep her in the house for a few days. Sorry I cant help more, take care!

Back
Top Bottom