using 30lbs fishing line on top of run

I have run about six strands of nylon filament across the top of the fencing and dangled about 12 cd's from the filament. Keeps out ALL PREDATORS FROM THE SKY. If you look at Speckled Hen's coop page you will see where I learned it from. Two years and have never had a sky predator. Not when they are in the run.

I must say, I'm confused. How are you using the 30 lb line???
hmm.png

Yeah i don't see it either, explain more on how you plan to run it. Do intend to weave it or anything, what about spacing?.

i plan to run it across the fence post from side to side maybe make a netting.

have you ever seen a swimming pool in fl where they do this to keep the wild fowl from the swimming pools?

I bought a 25'x50' with 2" square holes bird netting from ebay for $45 w/ free shipping. It was simple to install and quick. It is very strong. I tend to do things the easy way. I could just picture using a box of screws or nails to create enough points of contact to make a net, too time consuming.

How is fishing line in ralation to UV damage?

I used fruit tree netting. Its to keep the birds off the trees. It works well and I think its pretty cheap. Mine was really cheap since it was given to me but I think its only a couple bucks if you go to buy it. It works really well. If you have any seams I used twine from our hay bales to weave it together but the fishing line would work for that.

I bought some of this netting for my garden this yr and after I pulled it out of the package I thought this would be great for a run cover. It was big 16'x25' and I paid about $7.00 for it, it is strong, lightweight, easy to use. wow a no brainer.

AL

Back
Top Bottom