Songster
11 Years
Apr 19, 2008
Bedias, TX
Can water bottles be used with quail?

Thanks for any info!
smile.png

Quote:
ofcourse, I know many breeders that use them for their coturnix and button quails.

I plan to in the summer!
smile.png

All ya gotta do is make sure that atleast one or two catches on to using it and soon they all will get the hang of it. I've taught animals to use them before by waiting until feeding time making sure they're thirsty and if they walk near the bottle , squeeze the bottle so they take interest. Once they start pecking let go and watch them. Keep squeezing until they start getting sucessful pecks at the ball at the bottom
smile.png

Two quail we adopted last month took to a water bottle within minutes of its introduction. They were 2-3 weeks old, but like the other poster said, once one figures it out the others will. They were mesmerized by the water drops at first, and were a little obsessed with the water bottle for a while; one of them would completely go crazy when I would remove it to refill, then run over to it and peck like crazy to get water for a while, as if it might leave again!

I use water bottles...and absolutely love them! Our quail (only buttons right now) are inside, so we don't have the freezing problem.

I just bought 2 to use with my bobwhite. My birds are in a coop/run that is one the ground and tend to kick up a bit of dirt into their waterer. I'm hoping they will take to it quickly so we don't have to keep filling the big waterer everyday.

Back
Top Bottom