USPS charged me $14.10

Absolutely!! Go back to the PO and ask for the Postmaster! I would not call. Go back in person. Live chicks are always picked up here at the PO. No extra charge. They will not deliver to your house. Address this immediately with the Postmaster. When you walk in, ask for him/her but do not discuss it with whoever is at the counter.
I will at the beginning of the week and I’ll report back here. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
I agree, go in quietly.
My "IMHO" only applied if the person was scamming.
After reading some of the posts, it appears that they were possibly misinformed.
At any rate, I still believe that the OP has some money coming back.
It's really not about the money. It's the principal and bad CS at the PO. If you don't know, ask.

Unfortunately a lot of post office employees don't know the proper rules when it comes to poultry. I have have so many employees try to tell me you can't ship chicks priority. There shouldn't be a fee if they hold it, it's no different than if they marked it sign for pick up.

I had ducklings delivered to my PO. I called the day before since it was my first time. Lol. They said they don’t deliver live animals anymore because of the danger of the hot vehicles.
The next morning they called. I showed up first thing. They said they were about to open the box because they wanted to cuddle the cute little ducklings.

I think that lady just stole right outta your pocket. Like other have said, you go back with your receipt that you paid that woman, plus the receipt from the hatchery and you have a discussion with the Postmaster, and you skip that woman entirely. How many other people has this woman stolen from? That is completely a fire-able offense, and in this case, might very well be good riddance .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom