USPS lost my eggs

It's not her fault that the eggs arrived late, but then you didn't pay for 8 day old eggs either...... there have been a discussion similar to this topic before, who's responsible for lost eggs through the mail. I think it was split down the middle 50/50, if I remember........ half of them have shipped eggs before and the other half buy their eggs through mail, hahaha.

In your case I would just go ahead and accept that it came late, I've heard eggs being a month old have turned out fertile and hatched before so I would not worry at all in your case.

It's not her fault that the eggs arrived late, but then you didn't pay for 8 day old eggs either...... there have been a discussion similar to this topic before, who's responsible for lost eggs through the mail. I think it was split down the middle 50/50, if I remember........ half of them have shipped eggs before and the other half buy their eggs through mail, hahaha.

In your case I would just go ahead and accept that it came late, I've heard eggs being a month old have turned out fertile and hatched before so I would not worry at all in your case.

I totally agree it’s not her fault and I even said That to her. I know it was USPS fault 100% I’m just more worried about losing six eggs that I paid a lot of money for. She had 2 day shipping so USPS should refund her for their mistake but I shouldn’t eat the cost either :hit I want both of us to walk away feeling like neither of us got screwed from this scenario. And I’ll be interested in seeing what the box and eggs look like from their long haul. I’m sure they aren’t going to look so good.

I totally agree it’s not her fault and I even said That to her. I know it was USPS fault 100% I’m just more worried about losing six eggs that I paid a lot of money for. She had 2 day shipping so USPS should refund her for their mistake but I shouldn’t eat the cost either :hit I want both of us to walk away feeling like neither of us got screwed from this scenario. And I’ll be interested in seeing what the box and eggs look like from their long haul. I’m sure they aren’t going to look so good.

So you haven't seen the box yet? If it was just plain "Priority" mail, I think they have some fine print about number of days. If it was Priority Express, then she will definitely be able to file a claim. Her packaging may make a difference too.

Sounds like you are being level headed about it, not confronting or blaming her, so hopefully she will work with you. Maybe suggest starting these, and seeing how many develop? In the meantime, maybe she can gather some fresh ones for you, in case these don't go well. :confused:

Personally I think every hour you wait, they will lose more viability. At this point, I'd start them heating very soon, upright (air cells on top of course). Turning for me would depend on the air cell condition.
Heading to the post office now I’m so nervous on what they will look like. I had eggs shipped that have gone through the ringer from USPS so I can’t imagine what this haul has done to them. If there’s anything still good I’ll get them in the heat in the cut egg carton air cell up. I’m praying there’s something good that comes from this

Usually the seller, at least in my experience, will only work with you or refund if you receive eggs broken. They wont/cannot take responsibility for how the USPS treats your package unless it was sent Express. Priority is a gamble BUT the USPS should refund the cost of the shipping as the package was guaranteed as Priority a 1 2 or 3 day delivery depending on your zone from the sellers location. That being said, there is a hurricane about in Florida so I dont know if that affected anything with your package, and I don't know whether acts of God are covered in the guarantee.
As for the eggs, @WVduckchick convinced me not to give up on my horribly shipped eggs which I incubated and got 5 out of 12 to hatch. Not great, but at least it was something!

Back
Top Bottom