USPS Rant......

Well, of course, since I posted on this thread defending the USPS, it HAD to happen to me!
I am just sick .... I have chicks coming to me from Florida (to Missouri). They should have been here yesterday. Today they are still in Florida.
hit.gif
They will surely not survive, I am thinking.
hit.gif

Label/Receipt Number: EH96 4940 703U S
Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time: March 15, 2011, 3:00 PM
Class: Express Mail
00ae.png

Service(s): Insured

Your item was processed through and left our JACKSONVILLE, FL 32218 facility on March 16, 2011 at 5:56 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 16, 2011, 5:56 am, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32218
Bullet Processed through Sort Facility, March 14, 2011, 11:56 pm, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203
Bullet Acceptance, March 14, 2011, 3:21 pm, LA CROSSE, FL 32658

I have to sing praises for the usps...
I own a small biz and spend about $20,000 in shipping for the year with them and about $35K w/FedEx...

I have to say; I have more issues with FedEx gettign things to ppl on time than I do with USPS.

they receive so much mail on a daily basis it would boggle your mind! My daddy used to work for them in the
data center at our local sort center...

even if they "lose" or misplace 2% of their volume; it wouldnt even compare to the what they do get; to get your mail to you on time..

Altho; live chicks/eggs I mean these are lives and precious I understand..and its sad that they arent there yet...
I understand the disappointment!! I'm sorry!!

Call your local post office; ask them to look up your label number (delivery confirm) into their computer...
they will and often its different info than what you get on the website you see...

GL!

Virtually allother shipping/mailing services have decent tracking systems. Why not the USPS?. Heck, FedEx tracking is great--but when they are carrying US mail, they don't use their system
th.gif
WHY NOT?!

I have my issues with the P.O. in general, though I love my local one. Some of their systems seem quite convoluted to me. They've even sent a box of eggs parcel post when priority was paid for. My local P.O. takes pride in their work, though. The postmaster has gone above and beyond to track down boxes of eggs for me. This week, I received five boxes of hatching eggs from four different states. All sent Monday, all arrived today. None broken, though the package from Florida has mostly blown air cells. If you really think about it, it's a miracle any of them ever hatch.

THEY MADE IT! THEY ARE ALIVE! ! ! I can't believe it! Every one is alive. The gro-gel saved them, I do believe.

It was a postal error. They were paid for "Express Mail," but the postal worker mis-keyed the order as Priority. These chicks hatched on Sunday, shipped out on Monday, and arrived here Thursday 6:30AM.

Quote:
I use UPS early AM service ALL the time.they are actually competent if usps cannot do what they claim they should either quit claiming it or quit charging so much for claiming they can do it. It kina depends on how far it is going but express ain't express and priority takes just as long as parcel Post ROFL. I mean why do we pay more the only thing they can handle is bulk mail HAHAHAHA and if it happens to be a magazine or a catalog they are gonna tear that up LOL It does not matter how much they handle when they destroy peoples property they should have to compensate the one who paid to have it delivered properly, the reason they do not scan it at every point is you could detect what the problem stations were then and you could get rid of the problems. They do not scan because they do not want to get caught jOB SECURITY IS JOB 1 AT usps LOL

Back
Top Bottom