USPS shipping ?

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
Don't know where to post this, but trying here. Have the shipping rules changed for shipping live birds on USPS? I shipped waterfowl before and you couldn't ship if it was over 85 or under freezing or something. It has been a couple years, and someone was talking about shipping birds in July here in Ga. and I thought they were crazy :0) wasn't waterfowl. I then went to USPS and it said nothing about temps....has this changed? or do they not print it or is it dependent on local PO? I had inquiries and said it was too hot (this is Ga. and it is down covered waterfowl). I wouldn't do it now, but if I can ship in a wider range (like 28 degrees is not going to hurt a duck)...

:oops: I wouldn't trust USPS even handling an empty box. They could find a way to damage the air inside.
We had an Ebay store for yrs. Didn't matter how well we packed it, they broke it. Even a rep told us to "never ever place fragile stickers on a package, it is an invitation for a disgruntled worker to get his jollies".
I suggest to buy local or if you decide to ship, be aware of the possibilities within the unforeseen future.
Best wishes :hugs

:oops: I wouldn't trust USPS even handling an empty box. They could find a way to damage the air inside.
We had an Ebay store for yrs. Didn't matter how well we packed it, they broke it. Even a rep told us to "never ever place fragile stickers on a package, it is an invitation for a disgruntled worker to get his jollies".
I suggest to buy local or if you decide to ship, be aware of the possibilities within the unforeseen future.
Best wishes :hugs

yes I can confirm this as true everything I ever received through post office had fragile stickers everything destroyed

fragile stuff not marked arrives just fine

my wifes a postal carrier I bust her hump about this all the time
post master hates me I must put in 15-20 claims a week

its just a big postal game . they never consider that one box they smash holds a item that is needed in life or death situation

yes I can confirm this as true everything I ever received through post office had fragile stickers everything destroyed

fragile stuff not marked arrives just fine

my wifes a postal carrier I bust her hump about this all the time
post master hates me I must put in 15-20 claims a week

its just a big postal game . they never consider that one box they smash holds a item that is needed in life or death situation
Without trying to discourage the OP, but We started using UPS and almost zero problems. Too bad they don't ship chicks.:(
And trying to stay on subject of the original question, distance of travel is relevant to being advantageous or not to ship something as critical, of course in a short as possible time frame.

Back
Top Bottom