Utah!

Thanks Red! My white rock, really "rocks"! You are going to be getting those eggs soon, hang in there! I think after you get those first few then the novelty wears off, then you want to get chicks again so you can have first egg fantasies all over again. So It is fun to stay in the anticipation mode for awhile. You will probably get a ga-zillion doubles the first week or two and be in heaven :)

Lisa, are those blue eggs coming from your lavender? I swear my eggs from mine are getting more blue and less green.

Blu, are you going to show anything at the state fair this year?

Red, I can't believe you probably didn't get the job. The manager must've been threatened that you'd eventually take her job.

Allergic to yeast?! UGH!!! I"m sorry. I haven't tried this recipe, but it's fairly well rated: http://www.food.com/recipe/yeast-free-bread-67405

Sphinx, those blue-ish ones are all (the last four day's worth) from my Blue Wheaten Ameraucana that has the crooked toes. Her sister's started out more green, and are a teensy bit more bluish green now. They are not in the pic. The green ones are from my black and white EE "fatface".

My lavender's are still pretty green and really small still. They are in that heart shaped dish..I think hers is on the bottom toward the top on the right. The EE's is getting more green, and the two wheatens are getting more blue. The lavender's has not changed too much yet. She has not laid really regularly the last week or two though, they seem greenish grayish, she stresses out so bad about getting in the right nest she does not lay a lot of days, maybe they will change size/color when they are more frequent. Crossies.:D

Well Ive discovered that i cant make my homemade bread any more because i react to the yeast. So i was wondering if anyone has or knows of a good bread recipe that doesn't require yeast. Or a flat bread. Anything yeast free. Ive tried Irish soda bread and that's about it so far. Its a bummer my family prefers the homemade stuff.

Ooo, I am liking this one, just may have to try it! See what you did..now I want to try some of these that I have looked up. I also have a hard time with yeast.
http://www.lovefoodeat.com/easiest-bread-recipe-ever/

I asked some questions about DE the other day but they were buried in my post. How long does it take to suppress the fly population? How often should I be putting more out there?

Oh dear... almost 200 posts... I sincerely apologize, but right now I can't even try to catch up!!! Sorry!!

Cynthia, did you post pics of your chicks??

Lisa, are you incubating eggs yet?? hehe

Red, did you get the job??

Happy, did you find yourself some bantam cochins??

Anything else... I'll try and check tomorrow... Been working and we'll be in Ogden Thursday til Saturday morning for a wedding... Wonder if there's a way to get that pullet from you Cynthia?? And if happy didn't call dibs, that pullet from you sundance?? DH has some work to do while we're there, so my transportation will be somewhat limited... but, maybe we can figure something out?? We often go to Layton/Kaysville while we're there.. so it wouldn't be hard to get to Bountiful if we did that.... what do you girls think??

Also....I have an online class for work I have to get done in this next week, also, and pretty much the online time I have to do it is at night when kiddos are sleeping, so I'll look tomorrow, but then won't have much of a chance... Cynthia and Sundance.. PM me if you think there's a way we can hook up and I can get those pullets from you.....

I will be happy to meet you in bountiful with that pullett

I asked some questions about DE the other day but they were buried in my post. How long does it take to suppress the fly population? How often should I be putting more out there?

Honestly..some have good luck with it, some don't. I have found that it keeps it down, but I've found that squirting down the droppings on the ground helps a lot. In the coop, I have the DE under where they roost. I have found it to work pretty good, but there is no getting rid of flies completely..at least I haven't found the perfect solution.

Back
Top Bottom